November 2014 – present
- Lead strategy and oversee execution for public policy portfolio.
- Develop and oversee execution of external communications, including campaign strategy, digital content, media materials, and client messaging
- Proactively manage media relations on behalf of clients
- Identify opportunities to build coalitions or partnerships to platform advocacy issues
- Assess new business opportunities; manage PR Collaborative’s corporate marketing
- Manage other members of the public policy team
- Ensure high-quality, on-time delivery of all client work
April 2013 – November 2014
Media relations and digital communications specialist in the public policy portfolio on issues as diverse as public health, wildlife conservation, energy, and food policy as well as nonfiction book publications.
Client portfolio included: the World Wildlife Fund, Oceana, the Johns Hopkins Center for a Livable Future, Big Cities Health Coalition, Hack // Dining, Childhood Foundation USA, Ian Somerhalder Foundation, more
Media placements in AP, Reuters, TIME Magazine, The Guardian, Washington Post, NPR, Mother Jones, more
The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce
The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce (SACC-DC) is a forum for kinship and commerce between the U.S. and Sweden. I serve on the Programs Committee, helping to develop and promote events, and as part of the Young Professional work group.
Executive Board Member
DC EcoWomen empowers women to become leaders in the environmental community through educational and professional programming. As a board member on the Membership and Outreach committee, I am responsible for strengthening members’ ties to DC EcoWomen and fundraising.
The Embassy of Sweden in Washington, DC
Tour Guide, Contract PR
September 2012 – December 2013
Developed and executed grassroots outreach campaigns for the Embassy of Sweden’s public diplomacy to promote an awareness and understanding of Swedish culture. Conducted media outreach, led tours, promoted Embassy events.
Kate Reuterswärd Consulting
Founder and Owner
June 2012-Sept 2013
Provided “Business English for International Business People” through professional education in Business English, translation and localization for Swedish to English texts, social media services, and copywriting. Developed courses, led seminars, wrote all sales materials and web copy, built and maintained customer relationships.
Client portfolio included: Malmö University, the Swedish Institute, the Embassy of Sweden in the United States
The Swedish Institute
Blogger, “The Expat Blog”
March 2011 – August 2012
Blogged twice weekly on expatriate life in Sweden on the Swedish government’s official website (Sweden.se). Topics included social and political issues, cultural traditions, governmental policies, and current events. Used SEO best practices and promoted blog by building strategic relationships through social media platforms.
- Grew blog readership from 2-3K to 10-13K unique hits monthly.
- 15+ posts received more than 100 Facebook likes; 4 posts received more than 1000 Facebook likes.
Women without Borders / SAVE
January – September 2010
Managed day-to-day operations of an international advocacy organization. Specialized in content development and project management: wrote publications and op-eds, designed PR materials, created company blog and wrote blog entries, managed logistics for international conferences, and led workshops on social media strategies for non-profits.
Education and Skills
- I graduated with Summa Cum Laude and with departmental honors in English from Davidson College.
- I speak Swedish. I have studied and somewhat forgotten large amounts of Italian, Spanish, adn German.
- Fully proficient and comfortable with a wide range of PR and digital tools, from social media to website analytics to database tools like Cision or Meltwater. Anything I haven’t already used is probably Googlable.